Conditions of Sale - Numismatics
1. A buyer’s premium of 23% and € 2 per lot (VAT included) is applicable to all lots. During and after the auction buyers may collect their purchases after the purchase price has been paid in full. For shipment the buyer pays the full amount of the invoice including calculated shipping costs in advance. Payment has to be made within 10 days after the sale.
2. The increments for bidding are in principal:
|€ 0||€ 100||€ 5|
|€ 100||€ 200||€ 10|
|€ 200||€ 500||€ 20|
|€ 500||€ 1,000||€ 50|
|€ 1,000||€ 2,000||€ 100|
|€ 2,000||€ 5,000||€ 200|
|€ 5,000||€ 15,000||€ 500|
|€ 15,000||€ 30,000||€ 1,000|
|€ 30,000||€ 50,000||€ 2,000|
|€ 50,000||€ 150,000||€ 5,000|
|€ 150,000||higher||€ 10,000|
The auctioneer has discretion to use other bidding increments.
3. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. In the event of any dispute the auctioneer has the right at his discretion to determine the succesful bidder or to re-offer and resell the lot in dispute.
4. The auctioneer has absolute discretion to refuse admission to the auction. Before the sale bidders must complete a registration form. The auctioneer has discretion to refuse bids.
5. The auctioneer has discretion to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots from the sale, to change the order of lots, to withdraw lots and to re-offer lots for sale in case of error or dispute.
6. All lots are sold as is. The authenticity of items in lots containing not more than 2 items is guaranteed. For claims with regard to authenticity the lots should be returned within 10 days after the date of sale. Only those lots will be accepted for return that show such serious hidden defects or whose description is so incorrect that the buyer would have abandoned the purchase if properly described or only bought at a significantly lower price. This does not apply to defects that only concern the condition of the item (such as wear and tear and restorations). Lots must be returned in the same condition as they were at the moment of sale.
7. If the buyer wants to submit a lot to an expert for an opinion, the auctioneer must be notified within 5 days after the sale stating the items involved.
8. Describing and grading are done with the utmost care and accuracy to the best of the auctioneer’s ability. They are intended to be an indication from which no rights can be derived. Through the viewing opportunities, the photos offered and additional information or advice, bidders/buyers must inform themselves of the (unwritten) condition of the goods.
9. Everyone is presumed to have bought for himself, the buyer won't be able to rely upon his mandator.
10. The risk passes to the buyer with the fall of the hammer; title of ownership, however, passes to the buyer only after full payment of the total amount due.
11. Buyers accepting commissions from third parties do so at their own risk and will remain responsible to the auctioneer for the full settlement according to these conditions.
12. Buyers will be charged a late charge of 1% per month or part of a month on the total purchase price if payment in full is not received by the auctioneer in accordance with these conditions of sale. Furthermore the buyer shall be liable for the payment of legal and other costs and expences made for the recovery of the purchase price. The auctioneer has the discretion to put the lot(s) again in auction and resold without any previous notice to the buyer. The defaulting buyer remains liable for the damages, while no right exists if the resale result exceeds the result of the first sale.
13. All goods consigned for the auction serve as collateral towards the consigner for any claims or commissions due, expenses incurred, advances granted or on any account whatsoever.
14. Only the Dutch text of the conditions of sale has legal force. In case of disputes, Dutch law is applicable.